Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Camping in England





For those of you who don't know, I'm in the process of my Master's degree at Central Saint Martin's. The second day of school - they took us camping.

Now I have years of experience camping, but this was one of the strangest, we built our own tents from bamboo rods tape and plastic. My group's little tent got a make-over into a huge monstrosity when the organizer came over to 'help' us. Unfortunately, the plastic on our tent blew off before we could sleep in it. This happened to most tents - so we all slept in the main yurt - but there was one big problem with the yurt... it wasn't sealed at the bottom... So we just had the wind blow right through all night. I was alright, tucked into my sleeping bag, but I don't think it was a positive experience for all. We also built kites (sorry, I don't have any pictures) and a geodesic dome (those are my tutors playing on it).

Overall it was quite fun, we ate a lot, and chatted around the campfire, and went for fish & chips by the seaside the next day.

Oh yeah, we were in Dungenese, its somewhere in the South East, just past Kent.

No comments: